- [n] facility that provides a source of water; "the town debated the purification of the water supply"; "first you have to cut off the water"
- [n] the part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean); "they invaded our territorial waters"; "they were sitting by the water's edge"
- [n] binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; "he asked for a drink of water"
- [n] (archaic) once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- [n] liquid excretory product; "there was blood in his urine"; "the child had to make water"
- [v] secrete or form water, as tears or saliva; "My mouth watered at the prospect of a good dinner"; "His eyes watered"
- [v] supply with water, as with channelsor ditches or streams; "Water the fields"
- [v] fill with tears; "His eyes were watering"
- [v] provide with water; "We watered the buffalo"